Senior Substance Abuse Counselor
Location: Dallas, TX
Job ID: 50506
Pay: $48,000 Annual
Begin a meaningful career in substance abuse treatment with Management & Training Corporation. Our foundation is based upon the philosophies of caring about others, giving back, and making a social impact.
Position name: Senior Substance Abuse Counselor
Facility name: Hutchins State Jail
Location: 1500 East Langdon Rd, Dallas, TX 75241
Work schedule: Full time
Benefit package includes:
- Health/dental/vision insurance
- Life insurance, AD&D as well as short-term disability
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Professional development assistance
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee wellness program
Job responsibilities: The senior substance abuse counselor is responsible for supervising the substance abuse counselor II. Work involves planning, coordinating, and implementing substance abuse counseling activities.
- Assists in planning chemical dependency counseling programs; and coordinates the delivery of counseling services to offenders with histories of chemical use, abuse, or addiction.
- Provides a comprehensive evaluation from a battery of valid measurement tools to assess the recovery needs and the re-offense risk of offenders.
- Maintains offender records and other records regarding services provided to include workload statistics; and compiles data and submits reports and related documentation as appropriate.
- Supervises the work of others; and assists in instructing others in program methods, procedures, and functions.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by an organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or by the United States Department of Education (USDE). Major course work in Criminal Justice, Behavioral Science or a related field preferred. Each year of experience as described below in excess of the required four (4) years may be substituted for thirty (30) semester hours from an accredited college or university on a year-for-year basis.
- Four (4) years full-time wage earning experience in substance abuse treatment.
- Current licensure as a Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor (LCDC) by the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS), or current valid Qualified Credentialed Counselor (QCC) identified by the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS).
- Therapeutic community environment experience preferred.
- Experience in the supervision of employees preferred.
- A valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record is also required, unless waived by management.
Why: Make a positive impact in your community by doing meaningful work that results in a rewarding career.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process.