Manager, Academics Program
Location: Reno, NV
Job ID: 50519
Facility: Job Corps
Directly supervises the academic instructors, driver's education instructor, and secretary. Responsible for the management of academic programs, tutorial and volunteer programs, library, testing and other special education programs, in compliance with government and management directives.
- Plan, coordinate and manage the administrative and programmatic activities of the department.
- Evaluate the performance of instructors through regular classroom observation, provide staff training, recommend department and personnel changes to the Programs Director.
- Assist the Programs Director, training in the preparation of the departmental budget; monitor and control expenditures.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new and revised policies and procedures affecting academic programs.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to students. Prepare related reports.
- Provide personal, motivational and academic counseling to students; manage, recommend and participate in student guidance and counseling activities such as staff/student confrontation and individual student programs.
- Evaluate and develop curricula, instructional materials, methods and techniques.
- Assist in and evaluate instructor participation in student evaluation panels; evaluate instructor performance assessments of students.
- Coordinate with other departments regarding academic program activities, problem solving and interdepartmental programs.
- Manage and administer student testing/evaluation and the center library.
- Maintain liaison with local, state and regional educational agencies.
- Assist in the development of community educational linkages and volunteers.
- Provide orientation to academic programs for new students and staff.
- Coordinate substitute coverage.
- Organize graduation ceremonies and assist in organizing awards assemblies.
- Participate in student employability programs and the Job Corps' Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's degree in associated field and three years related experience, one of which must be supervisory. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required. Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process.