Location: Calexico, CA
Job ID: 50555
MTC Medical and the Imperial Regional Detention Facility provide quality medical, dental, and mental health services to inmates and detainees. It’s made a big difference in the lives of incarcerated individuals who are working hard to turn over a new leaf.
The Imperial Regional Detention Center in Calexico California is seeing a skilled, caring Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant (Part-Time) to join our team.
Hours: Part Time (max hours per week 16 hours)
In this role, you will:
1. Provide direct patient care, evaluate outcomes, consult with specialists as required and adjust treatment processes as indicated to ensure optimal patient care.
2. Monitor medical condition of patients and report and document changes appropriate to scope of practice.
3. Diagnose and treat patients appropriately, exercising independent judgment, initiating an effective course of action.
4. Perform daily information rounds and prepare notes on detainees assigned to medical housing.
5. Perform basic procedures including thermal applications, non-sterile soaks, application of dressings and casts.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Graduation from an accredited program and current licensure in the state of California as a nurse practitioner required. All education related to the licensure is required. Any additional licenses or certifications (i.e. DEA registration) required. Two (2) to five (5) years experience is recommended, preferably in the correctional environment or emergency medicine. Current CPR certification required. Must be at least 21 years of age. Valid driver’s license in the state of California with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2600.