Begin a meaningful career in substance abuse treatment with Management & Training Corporation at the Dempsie Henley State Jail located in Dayton, Texas. At Henley, our foundation is based upon the philosophies of caring about others, giving back and making a social impact. We provide a safe and secure working environment for our staff while helping an at-risk population receive the treatment necessary for success on their road back to a healthy, productive life. In addition to competitive wages and an opportunity to impact lives, MTC team members enjoy a variety of benefits including:
- Medical, vision, and prescription drug benefits
- Dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employee assistance program
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Bereavement leave
- Civic duty and military leave
- Travel insurance
- Education assistance
Reports to the program director. Responsible for performing education work with the cognitive intervention
program. Work involves planning, coordinating, and implementing activities; and coordinating with other
departments to ensure the maximum utilization for resources available in compliance with Management &
Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
1. Provides didactic sessions according to designated curricula within the program.
2. Presents cognitive intervention education and life skills classes to assist offenders with basic education
on these topics using a variety of teaching techniques.
3. Guides and assists offenders in complying with facility rules and regulations.
4. Supervises client offender work functions in accordance with program policies such as morning wake
up routines according to established schedules. Notifies appropriate personnel of offenders failing to
comply with policies and procedures.
5. Monitors offender behavior and reports incidents, inappropriate or unusual behaviors to appropriate
treatment team staff.
6. Maintains offender records and other records regarding services provided to include workload statistics;
and compiles data and submits reports and related documentation as appropriate.
7. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and
intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding
social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
8. Maintain accountability of staff, offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as
determined by management.Education and Experience Requirements:
High School diploma or equivalent required. Associate's degree in the field of psychology, sociology,
counseling, social work, criminal justice, education, nursing, or health is preferred; related experience is a plus.
Experience in the use of Microsoft Office Suite or equivalent to include word processing, spreadsheet,
database, or presentation software programs preferred. Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an
acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must complete a total of 124 hours training in correctional awareness (CAT), training for trainers (T4T), and
Cognitive Intervention Programming (CIP). Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements
and pass an annual background check, both of which must be approved by Texas Department of Criminal
Justice.Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process.