Substance Abuse Counselor Intern
Location: Lockhart, TX
Job ID: 50629
MTC is hiring a substance abuse counselor looking to give people hope, skills, and opportunities for a better life. $18/hour starting pay.
Position title: Substance Abuse Counselor Intern
Facility name: Gregory S. Coleman Unit
Location: 1400 MLK Jr. Industrial Blvd., Lockhart, Texas
Work schedule: Full-time; 8-hour days
- Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent or GED.
- Must have a current letter of registration as a Counselor Intern from the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS), OR
- Current valid certification as Certified Criminal Justice Professional Applicant Status (CCJP-A) as approved by the Texas Certification Board of Addiction Professionals.
- Selected applicants must obtain the Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor (LCDC) license or the Certified Criminal Justice Professional (CCJP) certification within five (5) years from the date of their registration as a Counselor Intern or CCJP-A. Must sign a Credential Contingency Agreement that will remain in effect only until the initially established expiration date. Failure to comply with this contingency statement will result in separation from employment. Credential Contingency Agreements will not be extended or renewed as a result of an employee’s separation from employment or acceptance of another position.
- Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
- Reports to the substance abuse counselor II.
- Performs moderately complex substance abuse counseling work within Substance Abuse Felony Punishment facility (SAFPF)/In-Prison Therapeutic Community (IPTC) programs.
- Work involves planning, coordinating, and implementing substance abuse counseling activities; and coordinating with other departments to ensure the maximum utilization of resources available for chemical dependency treatment and rehabilitation in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
Post Hire Requirements include:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements to include physical agility testing and pass an annual background check, which must be approved by TDCJ.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2600.