Location: Meridian, MS
Job ID: 50661
At the East Mississippi Correctional Facility located in Meridian, Mississippi, our foundation is based upon the philosophies of improving the lives of others and making a social impact. We provide a secure working environment for our staff while offering an at-risk population effective rehabilitation opportunities to assist with leading a healthier, more productive life. In addition to competitive wages and an opportunity to impact lives, Management & Training Corporation team members enjoy a variety of benefits including:
- Medical, vision, and prescription drug benefits
- Dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employee assistance program
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Bereavement leave
- Civic duty and military leave
- Travel insurance
- Education assistance
We are looking for someone to fill the position as a Maintenance Technician. The position summary is as follows:
Reports to the maintenance manager. Responsible for general maintenance and repairs on equipment and buildings, assisting with technical trades such as plumbing, electrical, painting and carpentry in compliance with American Correctional Association (ACA) standards, Management & Training Corporation (MTC), and Mississippi Department of Corrections (MDOC) directives.Essential Functions:
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.Education and Experience Requirements:
- Perform maintenance and repair of structures, electrical systems, heating, plumbing, ventilating, air conditioning and drainage systems.
- Repair or replace faulty or damaged light fixtures, outlets and fuses as directed.
- Perform minor construction and repair of structural woodwork.
- Install window shades or coverings, security locks, etc.
- Perform repair or replacement of plumbing fixtures, washers, seals, etc.
- Help prepare surfaces for finishing, including painting, as directed.
- Direct inmates assigned to facility maintenance.
- Perform preventive maintenance checks of buildings and equipment.
- Perform routine scheduled checks of air conditioning systems.
- Perform on-call responsibilities in emergency situations or equipment breakdowns.
- Provide cleaning, transportation, and moving equipment as needed.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
- Maintain accountability of staff, inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
High school diploma or equivalent, technical training and general knowledge of repair and maintenance plus three (3) years related experience required. Valid driver's license in the state of Mississippi or Alabama with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management. Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements.