Location: Nampa, ID
Job ID: 50678
Facility: Job Corps
Description Salary - $46,000 annually
Our staff also enjoy these benefits:
What you will be doing: You'll be responsible for providing academic instruction to students in accordance with approved curricula, along with providing students with basic direction.
- Health, dental, vision, prescription drug and life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Short and long-term disability
- Paid time off and paid holiday
- a chance to make a difference every day!
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree, valid teaching certificate in state of employment required, one year related experience preferred. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency required. Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.What is Job Corps?Job Corps is a federally funded comprehensive program that provides essential academic and career skills training to eligible students designed to prepare them for success in every aspect of their lives. Centennial Job Corps is located in Nampa, ID and is managed by Management & Training Corporation (MTC), a privately held company that successfully operates Job Corps, Corrections, Medical and Economic/Social Development contracts.Visit our website to learn more about the program and MTC: https://www.mtctrains.com/
- Provide students with basic direction, instruction and assistance in designated area of instruction.
- Motivate and counsel students in areas of behavior, training, personal problems or study habits. Coordinate with counselors and staff as necessary to resolve issues affecting student training.
- Develop and prepare lessons in accordance with approved curriculum guidelines; recommend curricula changes and supplemental materials.
- Maintain organized, clean training environment (behavior and surroundings) conducive to learning.
- Participate on student assessment panels; perform required documentation.
- Administer and correct tests; maintain progress and attendance reports including required CIS updates.
- Control use of equipment and supplies; recommend purchases.
- Develop and conduct enrichment programs as assigned.
- Utilize workplace language and behavior expectations in the classroom; relate academic skills to career training and workplace requirements. On a routine basis, inquire if individual students need assistance.
- Participate in student behavior management programs.
- Assist in developing community linkages.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process.