Career Transition Specialist
Location: Morganfield, KY
Job ID: 50681
Facility: Job Corps
Up to $1000 SIGN-ON BONUS!!
Pay is $17 to $19 per hour
At Earle C. Clements Job Corps Academy in Morganfield, Kentucky we provide at-risk students with the tools they need to be successful at no cost to them or their families.
Our team members enjoy:
- Competitive wages, affordable health, dental and prescription drug insurance.
- Paid vacation, paid sick time, 11 paid holidays
- A chance to make a difference every day!
- Assist in former enrollees and drop-outs during transition, placement and follow-up as appropriate.
- Initiate transitional support referrals to off-center placement specialists and other community agencies.
- Contact employers, MTC representatives, and one-stop centers to arrange for interviews and other activities to promote initial placement.
- Make regular contact with former student during the placement and follow-up period; provide services as needed; document in the automated case management system.
- Verify, document and report placements using the appropriate systems and processes.
- Maintain regular contact with career development specialists on center.
- Gather information and maintain open communication with workforce development centers throughout the state.
- Produce and distribute placement and follow-up reports.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps' Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
- Bachelor's Degree in human services, psychology, counseling, education, social science, business, communications or closely related field; or Associates degree and two years related experience required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency also required.
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record required
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process.