Evening Studies Coordinator
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Job ID: 50688
Facility: Job Corps
- Reviews active reports along with management to determine the need for additional support in the academic areas.
- Primary role is as an academic tutor at the high school level in the subjects of math and reading
- Prepares lesson plans and structured activities for tutoring and evening study activities.
- Ensures that all materials needed for the evening study program are ordered and available for student use.
- Makes recommendations for new and innovative programming that will enhance the evening study program.
- Maintains correspondence with academic and career and technical training instructors as to the progress of students in the evening study program.
- Issue assignments in a variety of academic disciplines to ensure proficiency in every area.
- Prepares interactive lessons and activities to encourage group thinking and problem solving.
- Prepares and provides homework and assignments for all students who attend tutoring or evening study programs.
- Ensure interaction with career and technical instructors to infuse the implied academic theory.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps’ Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of harassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Hours: Monday-Thursday 11:30am-8pm (30 minute lunch)
Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm (30 minute lunch)
Education and Experience Requirements:
Associate’s degree and two years related experience. Directly related experience may be considered in lieu of formal education. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required.
Experience tutoring/teaching K-12 math and reading.
Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process.