Work with a purpose! Join a team with values that match your own and make a difference in the lives of people needing second chances.
Now hiring licensed substance abuse treatment professionals to provide individuals in the inside with hope, skills and opportunities for a better life.
Position title: Quality Assurance Coordinator
Facility name: Pam Lychner State Jail
Location: 2350 Atascocita Rd, Humble, TX 77396
Rate of pay: Starting at $22.00/hr
Work schedule: Full-time; 8-hour days
Benefit package includes:
- Health/dental/vision/life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays (9 total)
- Professional development assistance
- Opportunities for job growth
Job responsibilities: A Substance Abuse Counselor II performs advanced administrative support and technical program assistance work. Work involves disseminating information; maintaining filing systems; and performing administrative support work in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
- Performs complex technical assistance work; implements quality assurance utilization review procedures; and responds to inquiries regarding technical program and administrative rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Assists in monitoring, reviewing, interpreting, and evaluating quality of services; assists in compiling and analyzing data and preparing reports; and makes recommendations for improvements to treatment services.
- Prepares, edits, and distributes correspondence, reports, forms, and other documents; prepares, interprets, and disseminates information concerning agency programs and procedures; and develops, coordinates, and maintains record keeping and filing systems.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of staff, offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by an organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or by the United States Department of Education (USDE). Major course work in Criminal Justice, Psychology, Social Work, or a related field preferred. Each year of experience as described below in excess of the required two years may be substituted for thirty semester hours from an accredited college or university on a year-for-year basis.
- Two years full-time, wage-earning substance abuse treatment experience.
- Experience in the supervision of employees preferred.
- Current valid license as a Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor (LCDC) by the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) or current certification as a Certified Criminal Justice Professional (CCJP) by the Texas Certification Board of Addictions Professionals or a current valid Qualified Credentialed Counselor (QCC) licensed to conduct counseling in a treatment environment.
- A valid driver license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post hire requirements:
- Must complete Correctional Awareness Training prior to inmate contact.
- Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and pass an annual background check, both of which must be approved by Texas Department of Criminal Justice.
- Must maintain valid license or certification for continued employment in position.
Why: Help humans break the cycle. Join our team and transform lives!
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process.