Description Position Summary:
Reports to the maintenance supervisor. Responsible for duties involving HVAC equipment and recovery, general maintenance and repairs of equipment and buildings, assisting with technical trades such as plumbing, electrical, painting and carpentry in compliance with MTC and customer directives.Essential Functions:
1. Perform maintenance and repair of HVAC, electrical systems, heating, ventilating and air conditioning. Recommend contracted assistance when on-facility repair is not possible.
2. Perform preventive maintenance checks of building and equipment.
3. Monitor tool inventory.
4. Perform routine scheduled checks of air conditioning systems.
5. Provide on-call support in emergency situations or equipment breakdowns.
6. Install window shades or coverings, security locks, etc.
7. Assist with repair or replacement of faulty light fixtures, outlets and fuses; plumbing fixtures, washers, seals, etc. as directed.
8. Help prepare surfaces for finishing, i.e. painting, as directed.
9. Provide cleaning, transportation or moving of equipment, as needed.
10. Perform minor construction and repair of structural woodwork.
11. Requires long periods of walking and standing.
12. Requires bending, twisting, climbing ladders and pushing and pulling of a maintenance cart full of tools.
13. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
14. Maintain accountability of detainees and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her scope of work as determined by management.Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent, technical training and general knowledge of repair/maintenance, of air conditioning and heating units, plus three (3) years related experience of maintenance. HVAC certification license in the state of New Mexico or Texas is required. Must successfully completed pre-service training. Valid driver's license in the state of New Mexico or Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and maintain appropriate facility clearance.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process.