Location: Nampa, ID
Job ID: 50701
Facility: Job Corps
Description Pay: $50,000-$56,000/annually
Our staff enjoy these benefits:
What you will be doing: Responsible for the supervision of accounting, which includes the accounting services, budgets, reports and student pay, clothing and welfare fund, in compliance with government and management directives.
- Health, dental, vision, prescription drug and life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Short and long-term disability
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- a chance to make a difference every day!
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance and three years related experience required, one of which should be in a supervisory capacity. Excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Plan, coordinate and manage the administrative and financial activities of the department.
- Provide staff training, evaluate staff performance, implement departmental and personnel changes as approved by the center director and coordinated with the manager, human resources prior to implementation.
- Develop the departmental budget; monitor and control expenditures; review and recommend changes to budget authorizations.
- Develop and implement new and revised policies and procedures affecting accounting; coordinate with other departments to promote center objectives.
- Regularly assess and audit department for contractual compliance and quality of services to students; prepare audit and assessment reports.
- Regularly inspect facility; maintain quality standards.
- Supervise financial accounting systems and allocation of expenditure of contract funds; monitor center performance through interpretation of accounting data and development of management information reports.
- Develop accounting and financial data for management decisions on operation profitability, labor usage and cost, budgeting parameters, contract provisions, new program development, return on investment projects, and cost proposal preparations.
- Monitor contract compliance to ensure that program costs are allowable and are allocated properly; coordinate new requirements and program changes with management.
- Supervise preparation of month‑end closing of financial books and government, center and corporate financial reports; review reports for accuracy and resolve related problems.
- Supervise student pay, student clothing coupon accountability and the student welfare fund accounting.
- Coordinate with other center staff concerning accounting matters.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process.