Reports to the classification manager and countroom coordinator. Responsible for clerical tasks, systems and procedures related to inmate records administration in accordance with MTC and customer directives.Essential Functions:
1. Perform count room duties ensuring an accurate facility count.
2. Operate office equipment such as computers, fax machine, etc.
3. Perform input and output operations and make necessary adjustments to ensure schedules are met.
4. Perform duties including typing correspondence, form letters, accountability forms, status reports and input/output forms in a timely manner.
5. Maintain files on department records, cards, forms and correspondence sent, received and requiring further action.
6. Proofread records or forms, copy needed information from one record to another as required, and file records in offender official record folder.
7. Maintain, update, and file all detainee records in accordance with established standards.
8. Participate in detainee orientation.
9. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
10. Maintain accountability of detainees and property; adhere to safety practices.
11. Maintain count board to reflect detainees being added or removed from the unit count.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her scope of work as determined by management.Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and one (1) year word processing or computer data entry or related experience required. Must successfully complete pre-service training. Valid driver’s license in the state of New Mexico or Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and maintain appropriate facility clearance.
MTC offers a variety of benefits to assist employees in balancing their personal and professional lives, such as:
- Medical, dental, and prescription drug benefits
- Dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employee assistance program
- Sick leave and vacation (or PTO, varies by location)
- Bereavement leave
- Civic duty and Military Leave
- Education assistance
In addition to the benefits listed above, MTC also provides its employees with its BIONIC (Believe it or Not I Care) Wellness Program. This free program features a wide range of tools, resources, and communication to address employee wellness from a mental, emotional, and physical perspective.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process.