Location: Morganfield, KY
Job ID: 50711
Facility: Job Corps
NEW! $16.20 per hour minimum starting wage! Up to $1500 SIGN-ON BONUS!!
At the Earle C. Clements Job Corps Academy in Morganfield, Kentucky we provide at-risk students with the tools they need to be successful at no cost to them or their families.
Our team members enjoy:
- Health, dental, vision, & prescription drug insurance
- Paid vacation, paid sick time, 11 paid holidays.
- A chance to make a difference every day!
- Prepare and cook quantity of food required according to menu and number of students.
- Assist in instructing cook helpers and work-based learning students in the safe, hygienic method of preparing and serving appetizing, eye-appealing meals.
- Maintain kitchen equipment in orderly workable condition; ensure work area is safe, clean and sanitary at all times.
- Prepare foods as directed for special center functions, visitors and off-center assignments.
- Assist in cleaning kitchen work areas following each meal.
- Supervise students assigned to assist in the cafeteria.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Responsible for stockroom commodities and for recommending replenishment items.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps' Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of harassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Food service training and one-year relevant experience preferred.
- Must obtain ServSafe certification within first 90 days of employment.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record required.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process.