Location: Morganfield, KY
Job ID: 50713
Facility: Job Corps
Up to $4000 SIGN-ON BONUS!!
Salary is $38,000 to $48,000 per year.
Our team members enjoy:
- Affordable health, dental, and prescription drug insurance
- Generous paid vacation and paid sick time
- 11 paid holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- A chance to make a difference every day!
- Provide students with basic direction, instruction and assistance in designated area(s) of
- Motivate and counsel students in areas of behavior, training, personal problems or study habits; coordinate with other staff as necessary to resolve issues affecting student training.
- Develop and prepare lessons; recommend curricula changes and supplemental materials.
- Utilize workplace language and behavior expectations in the classroom; on a routine basis, relate academic skills to career technical training and workplace requirements; inquire if individual students need assistance.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to students. Prepare related reports.
- Participate on student evaluation panels; prepare required documentation and evaluations using CIS, as well as other systems of documentation. Enter case notes into the CIS system as required and in accordance with established timelines.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Administer and correct tests; maintain progress and attendance reports.
- Control use of equipment and supplies; recommend purchases.
- Develop and conduct enrichment programs as assigned.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Maintain records, cleanliness and classroom discipline.
- Participate in student activities associated with the intellectual and social development of students.
- Assist in developing community linkages and volunteers for the for the department.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps' Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of harassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
- This opening is specifically for 2nd shift and includes weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Valid teaching certificate is preferred.
- One-year instructional experience preferred.
- Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and computer proficiency required.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record is required.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process.