Location: Morganfield, KY
Job ID: 50715
Facility: Job Corps
UP TO $1000 SIGN-ON BONUS
$17.70 per hour
At the Earle C. Clements Job Corps Academy in Morganfield, Kentucky team members enjoy:
- Competitive wages
- Company paid insurance for the employee
- Paid vacation, paid sick time
- 12 paid holidays
- A chance to make a difference every day!
Earle C. Clements is looking for skilled maintenance helpers that will be responsible for the repairs and maintenance of the center’s structural and mechanical needs, as well as any installation that would need to be done within the center.
- Perform maintenance and repair of structures, electrical, heating, plumbing, ventilating, air conditioning and drainage systems and washers and dryers; recommend contracted assistance when on-center repair is not possible.
- Repair or replace faulty or damaged light fixtures, outlets, thermostats, breakers and fuses as directed.
- Perform minor construction and repair of structural woodwork.
- Install window shades or coverings, security locks, etc.
- Perform repair or replacement of plumbing, fixtures, washers and seals.
- Help prepare surfaces for finishing, i.e. painting as directed.
- Direct students assigned to on-center work based learning and center support.
- Perform preventive maintenance checks of buildings and equipment in accordance with the preventive maintenance plan.
- Perform routine scheduled checks of heating and air conditioning system.
- Assist with supervision of work performed by outside contractors.
- Prepare reports utilizing applicable computer-based systems.
- Operate equipment pertinent to facility maintenance.
- Support COSS by implementing and participating in activities and programs as described in the center's COSS plan or as assigned.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers,
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps' Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of harassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Technical training and three years related experience.
- Must demonstrate craft skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required.
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.