Career Preparation Instructor
Location: Morganfield, KY
Job ID: 50753
Facility: Job Corps
Up to $1000 Sign-on Bonus!
Salary is $32,000 to 38,000 per year.
Earle C. Clements Job Corps Academy in Morganfield, Kentucky provides at-risk students with the tools they need to be successful at no cost to them or their families.
Our team members enjoy:
- Competitive wages, affordable health, dental and prescription drug insurance
- Generous paid vacation and paid sick time
- 11 paid holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- A chance to make a difference every day
- Plan, coordinate, and conduct the career preparation program to include MYPACE and other activities, in accordance with corporate guidelines and approved schedule.
- Develop, prepare, and deliver MYPACE lessons; use variety of teaching strategies to meet student learning needs.
- Recommend an appropriate training program for each assigned student, using background files, personal interviews, tests and a variety of other assessment tools.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to student. Prepare related reports.
- Continuously evaluate individual student's attitudes, participation, and commitment within career preparation program; intervene when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
- Participate in student evaluations; prepare required documentation and evaluations using CIS, as well as other systems of documentation. Enter case notes into the CIS system as required and in accordance with established timelines.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Maintain documentation and training records for each student using the MYPACE platform, as well as other systems of documentation.
- Conduct pre-arrival contacts with potential enrollees; prepare and mail pre-arrival and safe arrival letters on a timely basis, coordinate arrival activities with other center departments.
- Recommend and conduct training sessions and conferences to develop proficiency among staff in areas of guidance and social adjustment for new students; conduct training to familiarize staff with all components of the career preparation period including the MYPACE program.
- Establish community linkages with local business, employers, and organizations to provide tours and presentations for career preparation period students, as needed.
- Assist in evaluating center services for students; recommend modifications for improvement, participate in COSS plan planning and in providing updated information of the career preparation program including MYPACE.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps' Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of harassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
- Bachelor's degree preferred and one year of related experience required. Directly related experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Experience with youth.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required.
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process.