Senior, Security Officer
Location: Reno, NV
Job ID: 50758
Facility: Job Corps
POSITION SUMMARY: Reports to the Community Life Officer Coordinator. Directly supervises Community Life Officer on their assigned shift. Responsible for providing security coverage at campus access gate, performing patrol duties in assigned areas to ensure positive group relations and activities, and to protect life and property, in compliance with government and management directives.
- Perform administrative and security activities of the department, serve as liaison between center and immediate community in security, law enforcement and fire agency matters.
- Interview, hire, train, discipline and terminate security staff subject to required approval.
- Provide staff training, evaluate staff performance and recommend personnel changes.
- Review incident reports for completeness, conciseness, proper spelling, and grammar, prior to distribution.
- Assist with developing new and revised policies and procedures security.
- Supervise the investigation of student and staff accidents; ensure all paperwork is completed.
- Provide fire protection, conduct frequent fire drills and inspection of the facility.
- Conduct orientation and in service training programs for staff and students to ensure that security policies are followed; assist manager, safety & security with safety training and programs.
- Conduct periodic security audits to identify deficiencies and recommend changes.
- Provide records and reports of departmental activities upon request by management, insurance underwriters, DOL and other government agencies.
- Coordinate with other center staff concerning safety and security matters and conduct security related investigations.
- Coordinate searches of students’ rooms and belonging to ensure center health and safety.
- Provide for the safety and security of students on center grounds the direction and monitoring of the mobile adviser staff.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
- Participate in student employ ability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps’ Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of staff, students and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
High School diploma or equivalent and one year experience in a supervisory capacity. Directly related youth program experience may be considered in lieu of formal education requirements on a year by year basis. Excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process.