Recreation Aide Part-Time
Location: Bronx, NY
Job ID: 50760
Facility: Job Corps
Ready to be a part of something big? At the South Bronx Job Corps Center we provide at-risk students with the tools they need to be successful at no-cost to them or their families. Hiring immediately!
Pay: $18.95 hourly
Saturday's & Sunday's & 1 Weekday
- Assist the supervisor, recreation in planning, implementing and coordinating a comprehensive and diversified program which will attract voluntary participation.
- Organize and supervise student participation in a variety of recreation activities.
- Conduct and coordinate recreation activities.
- Chaperone students to center recreation functions.
- Assist with monitoring of the student store.
- Operate and maintain DVD/video projection system and related equipment.
- Conduct activities for career preparation students that enhance student retention.
- Conduct activities with other departments on center to offer a variety of activities that meet the needs of all students.
- Conduct PE classes.
- Assist in the evaluation of DVD/video offerings through student input and personal evaluation and make recommendations as necessary.
- Participate in Career Development Services System (CDSS) by creating positive peer leadership and role modeling techniques through activities on and off center.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Associates Degree or equivalent and one year recreation experience or verified voluntary experience. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required. Valid commercial driver’s license with an acceptable driving record or ability to obtain commercial license within 120 days of employment.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process.