Location: Bridgeport, TX
Job ID: 50772
Starting June 6, 2022 new pay scale!
$18 per hour to start, $19 after 6 months and $20 after a year.
Work with a purpose! Begin a rewarding career in corrections as a Correctional Officer utilizing your skills and abilities to change the life of residents.
Facility name: Bridgeport Correctional Center
Position Name: Lieutenant
Location: 4000 North Tenth Street, Bridgeport, TX 76426
Work schedule: Full-time; 12-hour shift (day & night)
Benefit Package includes:
- Health/dental/vision/life insurance
- AD&D as well as short-term disability
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Professional development assistance
- Career advancement opportunities
Job Responsibilities: Responsible for the custody and care of inmates and maintaining order and discipline among inmates in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
- Search for contraband and provide security.
- Count, feed and supervise offenders in housing, work and other areas, which include climbing stairs.
- Provide custody and security of offenders including observation of offenders, which includes long periods of sitting and standing.
- Perform security functions including “pat” and “strip” searches, by squatting and bending to perform such functions.
- Transfer and transport offenders by walking or riding in vehicles. Restrain and secure assaultive offenders as needed.
- Respond to emergencies including climbing stairs, steps, and ladders while searching for escaped offenders, hearing calls for and calling for help, giving first aid at the emergency site, carrying an injured or unconscious offender or employee various distances to safety up or down stairs, steps and ladders; and use force and deadly force to include the use of chemical agents and firearms to control offenders.
- Read, review and properly apply information found in offender records, which is related to the offenders’ health and safety and to the security of the facility. Provide appropriate information to other personnel while maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
- Prepare and maintain records, forms and reports.
- Read, follow and adhere to the post orders of the assigned location.
- Perform specific duties if assigned to the following areas; commissary, property, transportation, recreation, mailroom, escort/roving, laundry, visiting room, mobile patrol, central control, housing, restrictive housing and intake.
- If assigned to the food services area, assist in instructing offenders assigned to food service in the safe, hygienic method of preparing and serving appetizing, eye-appealing meals.
- It is expected the incumbent will work overtime when directed to do so.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of staff, offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- No previous experience required.
- Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent or GED.
- Continued employment is contingent upon passing exams and skill tests in the TDCJ Correctional Officer Pre-service Training Academy.
- Valid driver license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Why: Make a positive impact in your community by doing meaningful work that results in a rewarding career.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2600.