$16.50 per hr.
Reports to the food services supervisor, senior cook or designee. Responsible for assisting the cooks in preparation of student meals in compliance with government and management directives.
1. Provide adequate supply of foods and transfer necessary ingredients to the cooking area.
2. Weigh, measure and mix ingredients as directed.
3. Prepare vegetables, salads, meats, breads and desserts as instructed and routinely set forth in an appetizing, eye appealing manner.
4. Work with and assist students in the performance of their daily work schedules.
5. Serve all meals when scheduled with a pleasant demeanor and clean up after service.
6. Perform clean up and sanitation duties in the food preparation area to ensure adequate health standards at all times.
7. Provide healthy, nutritious meals during all periods of career development services system.
8. Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
9. Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
10. Requires reaching, bending, stooping, or standing.
11. Occasionally requires physical exertion to manually life, move, pull, push, or carry materials or objects.
12. Participate in student employability programs and activities.
13. Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps’ Zero Tolerance Policy.
14. Promote the development of career success standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
15. Maintain accountability of staff, students and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Salary: $15.50/hrTRANSPORTATION IS REQUIRED.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Preferred six months’ food services experience or completion of culinary training program. Valid food handler’s permit required. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process.