Substance Abuse Counselor Intern
Location: Dayton, TX
Job ID: 50781
Pay: $18.00 per hour
Begin a meaningful career in substance abuse treatment with Management & Training Corporation. Our foundation is based upon the philosophies of caring about others, giving back, and making a social impact.
Position name: Substance Abuse Counselor Intern
Facility name: Plane State Jail
Location: Dayton, Texas
Work schedule: Full time
Benefit package includes:
- Health/dental/vision insurance
- Life insurance, AD&D as well as short-term disability
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Professional development assistance
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee wellness program
Job responsibilities: The Substance Abuse Counselor I’s perform moderately complex substance abuse counseling work within Substance Abuse Felony Punishment Facility (SAFPF)/ In-Prison Therapeutic Community (IPTC) Programs.
- Provides substance abuse counseling and recovery skills training; participates in offender orientation, educational and individual and process counseling groups in compliance with program standards, guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Interviews, screens, and evaluates offenders for potential program participation.
- Maintains offender records and other records regarding services provided to include workload statistics; and compiles data and submits reports and related documentation as appropriate.
- Implements follow-up and after care plans for offenders that participate in the program prior to their release; and disseminates information on community resources for offender placement in follow-up treatment.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent or GED is required.
- Must have a current letter of registration as a Counselor Intern (LCDC-I) from the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS), or current valid certification as Certified Criminal Justice Professional Applicant Status (CCJP-A) as approved by the Texas Certification Board of Addiction Professionals.
- Selected applicants must obtain the Licensed Clinical Dependency Counselor (LCDC) license or the Certified Criminal Justice Professional (CCJP) certification within five (5) years from the date of their registration as a Counselor Intern or CCJP-A.
- Must sign a Credential Contingency Agreement that will remain in effect only until the initially established expiration date.
- Failure to comply with this contingency statement will result in separation from employment. Credential Contingency Agreements will not be extended or renewed as a result of an employee’s separation from employment or acceptance of another position.
- A valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record is also required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
- Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and pass a background check, both of which must be approved by Texas Department of Criminal Justice.
- Must maintain valid Counselor Intern status or CCJP-A certification for continued employment in position.
Why: Make a positive impact in your community by doing meaningful work that results in a rewarding career.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process.