Ready to be a part of something big? At the Brooklyn Job Corps Center in Brooklyn, New York we provide at-risk students with the tools they need to be successful at no-cost to them or their families. Our team members enjoy competitive wages, affordable health, dental, and prescription drug insurance, 3 weeks paid vacation, paid sick leave, 11 paid holidays, flexible schedules, 401(k) with company match, and a chance to make a difference every day! Full and part time opportunities available for many positions. Hiring immediately!
Temporary contract 3-6 months
Location: 10 Hanover Place Brooklyn, NY 11201
Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
Reports to the OA/CTS manager. Responsible for direct screening and recruitment of potential students for enrollment in Job Corps, in compliance with government and management directives.
Some Essential Functions Are:
1. Conduct innovative outreach activities with public service agencies, community organizations, schools and individuals who might refer eligible candidates to the Job Corps program.
2. Interview interested candidates and obtain pertinent information on each one.
3. Prepare documentation on potential students and review with the center as applicable or necessary.
4. Maintain monthly goals established by the PRH and management.
5. Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to students. Prepare related reports.
6. Arrange for and assist in providing pre enrollment orientation; schedule tours of the center.
7. Prepare necessary and required reports related to the outreach.
8. Assist in the development of new and revised policies and procedures affecting student recruitment.
9. Create network with youth development agencies, one-stop agencies, churches and community organizations to provide a wide-base for recruiting of potential students.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in human services, psychology, counseling, education, social science, business, communications. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency also required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record required
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process.