Ready for a meaningful career in criminal justice? Management & Training Corporation (MTC) operates the Miami North Work Release Center. MTC Facilities provide a safe and secure working environment for our staff while helping residents gain valuable skills and treatment necessary for success. Our team members enjoy competitive wages, affordable health, dental, and prescription drug insurance, education and tuition assistance, paid time off, 9 paid holidays, flexible schedules, 401(k) with company match, and a chance to make a difference every day! Full and part time opportunities available for some positions.
Reports to the operations supervisor. Responsible for monitoring the electronic monitoring system and equipment in compliance with American Correctional Association (ACA) standards, Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Florida Department of Corrections (FDOC) directivesEssential Functions:
1. Responsible for monitoring electronic monitoring system and device to determine compliance and adherence to program guidelines.
2. Provides guidance and direction to inmates regarding proper use of equipment to ensure compliance with protocols.
3. Investigates alerts or notifications prompted by the electronic monitoring system devices.
4. Notifies appropriate management personnel if offender is outside of approved area or failed to meet the required contact call.
5. Identifies and takes appropriate corrective action for interference with electronic monitoring equipment or message gaps.
6. Develops and completes appropriate reports necessary to submission in accordance to contractual requirements.
7. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
8. Maintain accountability of offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.Education and Experience Requirements:
A minimum of a high school diploma/GED and two (2) years of experience working with computers. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and computer proficiency required. Valid driver's license in the state of Florida with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements.Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2600.