Finance / Office Assistant
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Miami, FL
Job ID: 50798
Facility: Miami North Work Release Center
Ready for a meaningful career in criminal justice? Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is operating the Miami North Work Release Center. MTC Facilities provide a safe and secure working environment for our staff while helping residents gain valuable skills and treatment necessary for success. Our team members enjoy competitive wages, affordable health, dental, and prescription drug insurance, education and tuition assistance, paid time off, 9 paid holidays, flexible schedules, 401(k) with company match, and a chance to make a difference every day! Full and part time opportunities available for some positions.
Reports to the facility director. Performs a variety of clerical and administrative duties related to human resources and administration, and a variety of routine accounting and payroll duties in compliance with American Correctional Association (ACA) standards, Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Florida Department of Corrections (FDOC) directives.
- Performs a variety of clerical and administrative including human resources and basic accounting functions.
- Maintain confidentiality with sensitive facility information.
- Ensure all new hire information and other personnel changes are entered into appropriate data base and proper notification forwarded to payroll and ensure adequate and up-to-date personnel records are maintained.
- Inform new employees of available insurance benefits and provides new hire orientation.
- Process paperwork for terminating employees, including retirement report and forms when applicable.
- Ensure all open jobs are posted in the applicant tracking system and candidate records are accurate and up-to-date.
- Coordinate with corporate Talent Acquisition team for advertisement of available positions, and collaborate with local employment agencies and Affirmative Action sources.
- Post routine journal vouchers or accounts payable vouchers, entering vouchers in registers; post subsidiary ledgers or simple cost accounting data.
- Perform any combination of routine calculating, posting and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data.
- Maintain routine accounting records and reports in accordance with established procedures such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, inventory control or general accounting records.
- Perform miscellaneous clerical duties involving typing, filing, accumulating data and preparation of repetitive reports.
- Review incoming and prepare outgoing interdivisional billings, reconcile and clear interdivisional accounts and prepare associated journal entries.
- Ensure the balancing of books and compilation of statistical reports such as cash expenditures, departmental costs and other pertinent reports.
- Complete and maintain accurate reports for submission in accordance to contract requirements.
- Type reports, maintain records and files.
- Maintain calendar of events, schedule appointments and take minutes of meetings.
- Maintain central library of required documents, handbooks, directives, facility operating procedures and other related materials.
- Coordinate all accounting functions with the corporate finance department.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of staff, offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent or GED and computer proficiency required. Two (2) years in business administration or finance and payroll experience required. One (1) year of human resources or related experience preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Valid driver's license in the state of Florida with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements.