Location: Morganfield, KY
Job ID: 50811
Facility: Job Corps
NEW MINIMUM STARTING WAGE OF $16.45 PER HOUR!
Up to $2000 SIGN-ON BONUS!!
At Earle C. Clements Job Corps Academy in Morganfield, Kentucky we provide today’s youth with the tools they need to be successful at no cost to them or their families.
Our team members enjoy:
- Competitive wages
- Affordable health, dental and prescription drug insurance
- Paid vacation, paid sick time
- 11 paid holidays
- And a chance to make a difference every day!
- Provide guidance for students to achieve a positive attitude and proper behavior in dormitory living situation and to accomplish.
- Direct dorm activities as designated.
- Patrol and monitor dormitories and center as required to ensure safety and proper behavior of students; and resolve potential or occurring problems.
- Assist with recreational activities for students on- and off-center.
- Transport students to and from recreational functions, airport or bus stations as required.
- Enter required attendance information into CIS and ensure all pass information is correct.
- Direct students or assist in the cleanup and maintenance of the dormitory.
- Recommend or requisition supplies to provide needs for dorm living and safety of students.
- Conduct group sessions in accordance with the schedule; participate in and conduct career preparation, career development and career transition activities as assigned.
- Complete evaluations for all assigned students and participate in panels as required.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Provide proactive conflict resolution and refer students for counseling or other activities as necessary.
- Document shift activities in required format.
- Manage the operation of assigned shift in a manner that promotes a positive living and learning environment for all students.
- Assist senior residential advisor and manager in coordinating and instituting programs that foster student retention.
- Conduct required health & safety inspections.
- Documents activities in CIS case notes as required.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other customers.
- Night and overnight shift positions available. Most openings include a Saturday and/or Sunday night or overnight.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience working with youth ages 16 and up and/or customer service experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record required