Location: Woodstock, MD
Job ID: 50814
Facility: Job Corps
- Maintain and preserve all flooring and/or covering by scrubbing, stripping, waxing, buffing and sweeping.
- Clean and sanitize restrooms and associate fixtures.
- Dust desks, bookshelves, cabinets and other office furniture where assigned.
- Collect and dispose of all trash, litter and other debris.
- Sweep and clean exterior steps, entrances, landings, interior walls, ceilings, lights fixtures and sidewalks.
- Mix and use basic cleaning compounds, waxes and disinfectants.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Maintain center appearance and grounds by cleaning, weeding, mowing, trimming, sprinkling, fertilizing, reseeding, or planting. Maintain all trees and shrubs.
- Perform a perpetual preventive maintenance inspection.
- Supervise students assigned to custodial duties through center support, work-based learning or the student intern program.
- Requires physical exertion to manually life, move, pull, push, or carry materials or objects.
- Requires reaching, bending, stooping, or standing.
- Occasionally requires working outdoors.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent. Must understand basic cleaning compounds, waxes, polishes, disinfectants, etc. and their proper application. Previous experience as a custodian preferred. Experience with youth preferred. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process.