Substance Abuse Counselor
Location: Marion, OH
Job ID: 50840
Work with a purpose! Now hiring licensed substance abuse treatment professionals to provide individuals in the inside with hope, skills, and opportunities for a better life.
Position title: Substance Abuse Counselor
Facility name: North Central Correctional Complex
Location: 670 Marion-Williamsport Rd E, Marion, OH 43302
Pay: $28.00 per hour
Bonus: $1,000 upon completion of six-month probationary period
Work schedule: Full-time; 8-hour days
Benefit package includes:
- Health/dental/vision/prescription medication/life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays (10 total)
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
- Develop a system to promote the coordination and integration of the substance abuse treatment components with other facility programs.
- Assess inmates with identified substance abuse problems; develop and implement a plan to modify or control the problem(s) by working with inmates, counselors, instructors, and the mental health consultant, as appropriate.
- Ensure documentation of all inmates’ assessments and plans are in the inmates’ recovery services records regarding substance abuse problem(s).
- Provide ongoing comprehensive training for all staff members in the substance abuse area with specific goals toward staff education and awareness, staff skills in identification and reporting substance abuse programs, individual staff member counseling skills and general team building throughout the facility.
- Conduct substance abuse and tobacco cessation classes, group educational, peer support and other treatment sessions for inmates.
- Encourage awareness of substance abuse issues throughout the facility.
- Develop linkages with community resources for substance abuse services.
Education and experience requirements:
- Must be credentialed in the state of Ohio as one of the following:
- Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor II (LCDC II)
- Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor III (LCDC III)
- Licensed Independent Chemical Dependency Counselor (LICDC)
- Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW)
- Professional Clinical Counselor (PCC)
- Professional Counselor (PC)
- Licensed Social Worker (LSW)
- Licensed Physician by state of Ohio Medical Board
- Licensed Psychologist
- Registered Nurse
- Psychology Assistant
- One year of related experience preferred.
- A valid driver license in the state of Ohio with an acceptable driving record unless waived by management.
Why: The job is simple. Help humans break the cycle. Join our team and transform lives!
MTC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.