Pay: $25.70 per hour
Schedule: Full Time
Benefit package includes:
MTC is proud to operate the Otero County Processing Center in Chaparral, NM, where our staff provide quality services to our local community. We value our professional and caring employees who are dedicated to improving people’s lives and we want YOU to join our team!
Reports to the associate warden. Responsible for developing and delivering religious programs in compliance
with MTC and customer directives.
1. Create and manage all religious programs of the facility
2. Serve as the point of contact for all outside religious activities, persons or groups requesting admittance
to the facility. Train and supervise volunteers working in chaplaincy programs.
3. Conduct religious services and religious education programs, and schedule periodic special programs.
4. Provide regular chaplaincy visitation rounds to new and existing detainees and detainees who are
5. Counsel detainees on religious problems, personal issues, crisis intervention, grief and institutional
6. Interact with detainees during their daily activities and provide appropriate moral and religious
7. Participate in detainee orientation.
8. Regular and predictable onsite attendance is required.
9. May require long periods of standing and walking to perform religious activities.
10. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and
intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
11. Maintain accountability of detainees and property; adhere to safety practices
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her scope of work as
determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and accreditation as a minister or religious leader and two years of related
experience required. Must successfully complete required pre service training. Valid driver’s license in the
state of New Mexico or Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and maintain appropriate facility clearance.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process.