Location: Meridian, MS
Job ID: 50845
NEW STARTING WAGES!!: Starting at $16.00 (No Experience Required)
AGE REQUIREMENT: 18 years of age
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: 8th grade + 0-2 years' experience (NO high school diploma or GED required)
Work with a purpose! Begin a career in criminal justice and work towards becoming a law enforcement professional.
The East Mississippi Correctional Facility located in Meridian, MS., is now hiring career-minded individuals to assist with securing the safety of our communities while making a difference in the lives of those on the inside.
Work schedule: Full-time; 12-hour shift (day & night, 7am-7pm or 7pm-7am );
Our team members enjoy competitive wages, affordable health, dental, and prescription drug insurance, education and tuition assistance, paid time off, 9 paid holidays, flexible schedules, 401(k) with company match, and a chance to make a difference every day!
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
- Search for contraband and provide security.
- Count, feed and supervise inmates in housing, work and other areas.
- Provide custody and security of inmates, including observation of inmates.
- Perform security of various assigned areas.
- Read, review and properly apply information found in inmate records which is related to the inmates' health and safety and to the security of the facility,
- Prepare and maintain records, forms and reports.
- It is expected that the incumbent will work overtime, when directed to do so.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
- Maintain accountability of staff, inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
Education Requirements:High school diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required.
Valid driver's license in the state of Mississippi or Alabama with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management. Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements.