Description Management & Training Corporation’s (MTC) passion and expertise is in providing education and training to at-risk populations around the world. At Job Corps centers we help more than 10,000 vulnerable youth obtain job and social skills to put them on the path to self-sufficiency.
MTC’s caring philosophy defines its commitment to providing its employees and family members with quality and competitive benefit options that address health and wellness needs. We understand and accept our responsibility to deliver the information and tools necessary to allow each employee to make informed decisions on health, wellness, financial security, retirement, and many other benefits.
MTC offers a variety of benefits to assist employees in balancing their personal and professional lives, such as:
- FREE Medical, Vision, Dental and Prescription Benefits Paid by MTC for Employee Coverage
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits - 100% Premiums Paid by MTC for Employee Coverage
- Employee assistance program
- Bereavement leave (paid)
- Civic duty and military leave
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance - 100% Premiums Paid by MTC for Employee Coverage
This position is responsible for performing accounting and auditing functions and summarizing data for periodic operating statements and management information including, but not limited to the following --
1. Assist in the preparation of data input for developing financial statements and management information reports, including monthly accounting journal entries, overhead application schedules, bank reconciliations, general ledger account analyses and monthly profit and loss statement.
2. Assist in the preparation of departmental budgets and provide training to supervisory staff on procedure and implementation
3. Ensure each department is keeping within its allotted budget through periodic review of actual costs.
4. Prepare audit budget status and special reports to prevent over run and/ or under run of funding
5. Maintain cash disbursements journal, general ledger and cost ledger by recording accounting transactions, preparing reconciliations and financial tabulations as assigned
6. Prepare the general disbursements bank account reconciliation and prepare various budget reports as required by the center, DOL or MTCEducation & Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree and 1 year related experience. Directly related experience may be considered in lieu of formal education requirements. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency required. Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.What is Job Corps?
Job Corps is a federally-funded comprehensive program that provides essential academic and career skills training to eligible students designed to prepare them for success in every aspect of their lives. Clearfield Job Corps is located in Clearfield, UT and is managed by Management & Training Corporation (MTC), a privately held company that successfully operates Job Corps, Corrections, Medical and Economic/Social Development contracts.Visit our websites to learn more about the program and MTC:Program: www.jobcorps.gov Company: https://www.mtctrains.com/
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process.