Licensed Professional Counselor Associate (LPC- Associate)
Location: Littlefield, TX
Job ID: 50850
Ready for a more meaningful career? At the Texas Civil Commitment Center in Littlefield, Texas we provide a safe and secure working environment for our staff while helping clients gain valuable skills necessary for success upon release. Our team members enjoy competitive wages ($30 per hour), affordable health, dental, and prescription drug insurance, education and tuition assistance, paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k) with company match, and a chance to make a difference every day!
- Develop and implement treatment and therapeutic programs for assigned clients.
- Assume independent clinical responsibility for all clients including the application of crisis intervention techniques to include suicide prevention, recognizing abnormal behavior, and taking appropriate action to prevent or diffuse potentially disruptive situations.
- Conduct diagnosis and evaluation tests for clients to determine needs, establish goals and develop plans; make referrals to contract professionals for assessment and treatment of clients.
- Provide direct casework services and individual and group counseling to clients.
- Prepare progress reports; provide recommendations regarding treatment plans; make case presentations; and assist administrative and medical staff in development of statistical reports on assigned clients.
- Maintain and monitor confidentiality of clients and their files; audit files to determine that all services provided are documented; review status of clients to determine that all treatment and therapeutic programs are completed.
- Screen requests for non-medical records and appropriately approve or disapprove responses following policy and procedures.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings; promote communication and the proper flow of relevant information between administration, staff and clients.
- Attend seminars, workshops, conferences, and so forth, as required.
- Maintain current cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification; perform CPR in emergencies.
- Serve in rotation with other mental health providers to provide after-hours and weekend client care, if required, to include accepting on-call rotation.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
- Maintain accountability of clients and property; adhere to safety practices.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Master’s degree in counseling, social work, psychology, mental health, counseling or related field and a current license in the State of Texas as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or Licensed Professional Counselor Intern (LPC-I) OR a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) OR Licensed Marriage and Family therapist (LMFT)#ZR #Talent
Computer skills desired and evaluative and counseling skills are essential. Must hold a current CPR certification. Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.