Maintenance Tech, HVAC
Location: Overton, TX
Job ID: 50854
Pay: 17.00 per hour
Position Name: HVAC Maintenance Technician
Facility Name: Billy Moore Correctional Center
Location: 8500 FM 3053 Overton Texas 75684
Work schedule: Monday – Friday 7 am – 4 pm
The benefit package includes:
- Health/dental/vision/life insurance
- AD&D as well as short-term disability
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Professional development assistance
- Career advancement opportunities
Job responsibilities: General maintenance and repairs on equipment and buildings, assisting with technical trades such as HVAC and general maintenance functions.
- Perform maintenance and repair of electrical systems, refrigeration, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning. Recommend contracted assistance when an on-center repair is not possible.
2. Perform routine schedule checks of air conditioning/heating systems and refrigeration units.
3. Assist with the repair or replacement of faulty or damaged HVAC or refrigeration units.
4. Perform minor construction and repair of structural woodwork.
5. Install window shades or coverings, security locks, etc.
6. Help prepare surfaces for finishing, i.e., painting, as directed.
7. Direct offenders assigned to facility maintenance.
8. Perform preventive maintenance checks of HVAC units and equipment as prescribed by the manufacturer.
9. Perform on-call support in emergency situations when equipment malfunctions.
10. Provide cleaning, transportation, and moving of equipment as needed.
11. Perform counts of all control items assigned to include, including tool cart or tool bag, and any other control items
including class A tools and equipment, by providing counts at the beginning and end of each shift.
12. Ability to perform the physical function of the position which may include but is not limited to; the ability to walk property, climb stairs, climb ladders, use power tools and/or hand tools, lift, squat, bend, sit, or kneel for long periods of time.
13. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills
procedures and intervention techniques.
14. Maintain accountability of staff, offenders, and property; adhere to safety practices.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent or GED. Two (2) years of full-time, wage-earning experience in the operation, repair, and maintenance of HVAC or refrigeration systems and equipment. Thirty (30) semester hours from a college or university accredited by an organization by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or by the United States Department of Education (USDE) may be substituted for one (1) year of the required experience.--OR-- An Associate’s Degree in HVAC or refrigeration from a college or university accredited by CHEA or USDE. --OR-- Completion of a program in HVAC or refrigeration from a trade or technical school accredited by CHEA or USDE --OR-- Completion of a program in HVAC or refrigeration from a U.S. military technical training school. Must possess current Environmental Protection Agency-approved Type 608 Universal Refrigerant Containment Certification. Must maintain valid certification for continued employment in the position. Experience in the supervision of offenders is preferred. A valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record is required unless
waived by management.