Up to $1000 SIGN-ON BONUS!!
Pay is $16 to $18 per hour
At Earle C. Clements Job Corps Academy in Morganfield, Kentucky we provide at-risk students with the tools they need to be successful at no cost to them or their families.
Our team members enjoy:
- Competitive wages, affordable health, dental and prescription drug insurance.
- Paid vacation, paid sick time, 11 paid holidays
- A chance to make a difference every day!
- Supervise and control group living conditions, evaluate situations and conditions within the dormitories and make decisions or recommendations.
- Perform administrative duties involving student passes, evaluations, progress reports, emergencies, terminations for assigned shift.
- Perform residential advisor functions as necessary to ensure safety and proper student behavior in the dormitories.
- Communicate with families of students by mail and phone as required to resolve problems and assure the well-being of students.
- Coordinate, oversee and track the success of programs that foster student retention.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to students. Prepare related reports.
- Ensure cleanup and maintenance of the dormitory.
- Requisition supplies to provide needs for dorm living and safety of students.
- Participate in and conduct career preparation, career development and career transition activities in accordance with the schedule, as assigned.
- Conduct staff meetings to review unit/dorm activities and make work assignments.
- Establish, implement and supervise control procedures to maximize student living standards. Inspect dormitory areas regularly; recommend facility maintenance where needed; direct dorm patrols and clean up.
- Supervise proper administration of all paperwork, records and computer entry for assigned unit. Ensure that specified documents are turned over to each shift. Compile status report for area of responsibilities.
- Promote and support the COSS plan.
- Audit departmental and student files and CIS to ensure compliance with DOL and MTC directives.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
- It is expected the incumbent will work overtime when directed to do so.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps' Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of harassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
- Have a basic understanding of the MYPACE program and its role in a student's transition plan.
- Review individual student's MYPACE plan as needed to provide support/guidance as appropriate.
- Assist with MYPACE activities/lessons as needed and appropriate.
- Provide support as needed with an individual student's MYPACE plan follow through and activities.
- Provide support as needed with goals/activities as identified on one of the four MYPACE Pathway Achievement Record (PAR).
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- One year working with youth
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record required
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process.