If you are seeking an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our youth, then you should pursue a career with us. Continue reading to learn more about what Job Corps is and why you should work for us!!
What is Job Corps?
Job Corps is a federally-funded comprehensive program that provides essential academic and career skills training to eligible students designed to prepare them for success in every aspect of their lives. Atterbury Job Corps is located in Edinburgh, IN and is managed by Management & Training Corporation (MTC), a privately held company that successfully operates Job Corps, Corrections, Medical and Economic/Social Development contracts.
Visit our websites to learn more about the program and MTC:
Why Work For Us?
Are you ready to be a part of something big and have a chance to make a difference in students' lives every day? At the Atterbury Job Corps Center in Edinburgh, Indiana we provide at-risk students with the tools they need to be successful at no cost to them or their families.
Reports to the designated outreach and admissions (OA) or career transition services (CTS) manager. Performs a variety of auditing and evaluations to maintain the data integrity of the project and performs clerical duties, in compliance with government and management directives.
- Evaluate and audit all admissions folders to ensure all required information is included and forwarded to the appropriate Job Corps centers. Present findings and concerns to the Outreach and Admissions manager.
- Interact with Job Corps centers to ensure timely arrivals are arranged.
- Evaluate and audit all placement folders after placement to ensure all required information is included and is appropriate. Present findings and concerns to appropriate manager.
- Analyze reports in CIS to establish trends and guide management decisions.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of student services. Prepare related reports.
- Audit case notes entered each month. Identify errors for correction utilizing the MTC error correction form.
- Maintain records of data integrity errors by each OA Specialist and CTS specialist.
- Create corrective action plans that address audit issues
- Ensure follow-up corrective action plan components are completed
- Receive telephone calls and visitor: handle routine matters personally and route non-routine business to proper staff for consideration.
- Maintain calendar and schedule appointments.
- Maintain correspondence control log, receive incoming and outgoing mail and follow-up on dates for action items.
- Prepare reports, as required, for OA/CTS director or appropriate manager.
- Conduct data integrity training for all new hires during new employee orientation and conduct annual training for all staff.
- Act as liaison between manager, director and other center and departmental staff.
- Assist the OA/CTS director with projecting OA & CTS performance.
- Audit OA & CTS folders before submitting to centers.
- Perform background checks on all applicants.
- Provide oversight and judgment for approval of all applicant folders to determine if eligibility and suitability requirements are met.
- Provide oversight and approval for all CTS placement folders to meet data integrity guidelines.
- Ensure all admissions, CTS, DOL and MTC policies and standard operating procedures are followed.
- Provide training to all admissions and CTS staff as it relates to program compliance in OA/CTS.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students when necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps' Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Maintain accountability of property; adhere to safety practices.
- It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent and three years related experience. Associate's degree preferred.
- Proficiency in word processing, automated database management, and office organization skills.
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record required.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process.