Location: Edinburgh, IN
Job ID: 50869
Facility: Job Corps
- $26.49 per hour
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 2 weeks paid vacation, paid sick time, 11 paid holidays,
- Short Term & Long Term Disability,
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) Retirement Account
If you are seeking an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our youth, then you should pursue a career with us. Continue reading to learn more about what Job Corps is and why you should work for us!!
What is Job Corps?
Job Corps is a federally-funded comprehensive program that provides essential academic and career skills training to eligible students designed to prepare them for success in every aspect of their lives. Atterbury Job Corps is located in Edinburgh, IN and is managed by Management & Training Corporation (MTC), a privately held company that successfully operates Job Corps, Corrections, Medical and Economic/Social Development contracts.
Visit our websites to learn more about the program and MTC:
Why Work For Us?
Are you ready to be a part of something big and have a chance to make a difference in students' lives every day? At the Atterbury Job Corps Center in Edinburgh, Indiana we provide at-risk students with the tools they need to be successful at no cost to them or their families. Our team members enjoy competitive benefits such as:
Reports to facility maintenance supervisor. Responsible for duties involving repairs and maintenance of structures, electrical systems, plumbing, washers and dryers, heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems in compliance with government and management directives.
- Perform maintenance and repair of structures, electrical systems, heating, plumbing, air conditioning and drainage systems.
- Repair or replace faulty or damaged light fixtures, outlets, fuses as directed.
- Perform minor construction and repair of structural woodwork.
- Perform repair or replacement of windows, doors, locks, plumbing, fixtures, washers, and seals.
- Prepare surfaces for finishing and painting, as directed.
- Supervise students assigned to facility maintenance.
- Perform preventive maintenance checks of buildings and equipment.
- Perform routine scheduled checks of heating and air conditioning system.
- Demonstrate alignment with and a clear understanding of the mission of Job Corps.
- Occasionally requires physical exertion to manually lift, move, pull, push, or carry materials or objects.
- Occasionally requires reaching, bending, stooping, or standing.
- Requires prolonged sitting.
- Requires the ability to work in noisy and crowded environments.
- Occasionally requires working outdoors to participate with academic or program related activities.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps' Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Participate in student career success standards programs and activities.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- HVAC technical training and general knowledge of maintenance/repair and three years related experience.
- Experience working with youth, and excellent written and verbal communication skills also required.
- Unless waived by management, valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process.