Up to $1000 SIGN-ON BONUS!!
Pay is $24 to $29 per hour
At Earle C. Clements Job Corps Academy in Morganfield, Kentucky we provide at-risk students with the tools they need to be successful at no cost to them or their families.
Our team members enjoy:
- Competitive wages, affordable health, dental and prescription drug insurance.
- Paid vacation, paid sick time, 11 paid holidays
- A chance to make a difference every day!
- Maintain, design, administer and support all center networks, including installation on PCs and file servers.
- Maintain current users end to end connections to center network; monitor, maintain and resolve problems with all related hardware and software.
- Maintain network security through domain group policy network, share permission, Windows updates, JCDC image updates and antivirus security software updates.
- Install new connections of users to center network including wiring, hubs, PC setup, etc.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to staff and students. Prepare related reports.
- Establish and maintain working relationship with network cabling instructor to keep students involved with hands-on learning opportunities as much as possible.
- Perform hardware maintenance and repair for all network and non-network workstations, and servers.
- Ensure file shadow copy and file replication services are maintained and backed up to secondary backup server.
- Inform the manager, management information systems on status of current projects.
- Proactively seek ways to increase productivity across the network by hardware changes, software upgrades, etc.; make recommendations to supervisor, management information about suggested improvements.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps' Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of harassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
- Maintain and utilize technology skills to provided help desk support for center staff.
- Support CDSS by implementing and participation in activities and programs as described in the center's CDSS plan or as assigned.
- It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
- Associates degree preferred in computer science or related field and/or four years’ experience.
- Directly related training or technical experience in network administration may be considered in lieu of education requirements.
- Must have in-depth working knowledge of current computer hardware and software.
- Must have working knowledge of network administration tasks using Microsoft server.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required.
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process.