Develop your law enforcement or criminal justice expertise in corrections.
Management &Training Corporation is now hiring Correctional Officers at Kyle Correctional Center located in Kyle, Texas.
Position Title: Shift Lieutenant
Facility Name: Kyle Correctional Facility
Location: 23001 IH-35 Kyle, TX 78640
Work schedule: Full-time; 12-hour shift
Benefit package includes:
- Health/dental/vision/life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- 9 paid holidays
- Plenty of overtime
Job responsibilities: A shift supervisor directly supervises assigned assistant shift supervisors (sergeants) and correctional officers. This position is responsible for the custody and care of offenders; maintaining order and discipline among offenders; and scheduling, training and supervising staff in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives. In addition to leading a shift, the person in this role will make hiring decisions and maintain daily shift rosters ensuring all required posts are filled.
- Serve as shift supervisor.
- Supervise, protect, instruct, train, counsel and evaluate assigned employees and offenders; schedule employees’ and offenders’ work and off-duty time; assist in formulating security and work procedures.
- Supervise and direct searches for contraband and provide security.
- Supervise and provide custody and security of offenders including observation of offenders and offenders assigned to work duty, which includes long periods of sitting and standing.
- Perform specific security functions including “pat” and “strip” searches, by squatting and bending to perform such functions.
- Transfer and transport offenders by walking or riding in vehicles. Restrain and secure assaultive offenders, as needed
- Respond to emergencies to search for offenders, administer first aid at the emergency site, carry an injured or unconscious offender, and perform use of force procedures, including the use of chemical agents to control offenders.
- Read, review and properly apply information found in offender records which is related to the offenders’ health and safety and to the security of the facility. Provide appropriate information to other personnel.
- Supervise the preparation and maintenance of records, forms and reports.
- Perform specific duties if assigned to the following areas; unit, special housing unit, and intake.
- Conduct minor disciplinary hearings.
- Act as family liaison officer for visitation.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of staff, offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
- Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent or GED.
- Three years full-time, wage-earning correctional custody or law enforcement experience to include one year in the supervision of employees. Operational Review Sergeant or Security Threat Group Sergeant experience may be substituted for one (1) year of the required supervisory experience. Thirty semester hours with a minimum of six semester hours in Criminal Justice from a college or university accredited by an organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or United States Department of Education (USDE) may be substituted for one year of the required non-supervisory experience.
- A valid driver license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
- Continued employment is contingent upon passing exams and skills tests in the TDCJ Correctional Officer Pre-Service Training Academy.
Why: Make a positive impact on lives on the inside while contributing to the safety of your community.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2600.