This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Edison, NJ
Job ID: 52271
Facility: Edison Job Corps Center
1. Provide proper guidance to students to ensure positive group living relations and achievement in the program.
2. Provide continuous educational, CTT, personal and social adjustment counseling on an individual and group basis; recommend necessary program modifications throughout each assigned student's stay.
3. Conduct continuous interpretation and evaluation of progress in student's specific development program; coordinate problem cases and point out areas in which guidance and development techniques can be improved. Maintain up to date documentation, case notes and records using CIS, as well as other systems of documentation.
4. Oversee each student’s personal career development plan in center information system (CIS).
5. Work with designated counselor to develop retention plans and participate in retention program.
6. Direct dorm activities as designated.
7. Patrol and monitor dormitories and center as required to ensure safety and proper behavior of students; resolve potential or occurring problems.
8. Assist with recreational activities for students on and off center.
9. Transport students to and from recreational functions, airport or bus stations as required.
10. Prepare the morning roster, pass list, and other administrative correspondence relating to students. Take student attendance.
11. Direct students and assist in the cleanup and maintenance of the dormitory.
12. Recommend or requisition supplies to provide needs for dorm living and safety of students.
13. Conduct group sessions in accordance with the schedule; participate in and conduct career preparation activities and Career Success Standards (CSS) training.
14. Maintain dormitory and individual student files; maintain files to include complete, updated and required documentation. Update student records in CIS as required.
15. Conduct daily inspections of several dormitories, as assigned.
16. It is expected the incumbent will work overtime when directed to do so.
17. Regular and predictable attendance is required.
18. Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
19. Participate in student employability programs and activities.
20. Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps’ Zero Tolerance Policy.
21. Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
22. Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and one year experience working with youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.