Location: Saint Louis, MO
Job ID: 52272
Facility: St. Louis Job Corps Center
Salary - $44,491.20
We also offer:
- Health, dental, and prescription drug insurance
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- Paid sick time & paid holidays
- Flexible schedules
- 401(k) with company match
- a chance to make a difference every day!
At the St. Louis Job Corps Center in St. Louis, Missouri we provide at-risk students with the tools they need to be successful at no-cost to them or their families. We value our professional and caring employees who are dedicated to improving people’s lives and we want YOU to join our team!
Position Summary: Responsible for planning, coordinating, developing and implementing a professional individual and group counseling program for assigned students, in compliance with government and management directives.
- Review detailed background file, conduct personal interview and assessments as necessary to analyze and recommend a program for each assigned student.
- Maintain individual folder on each assigned student. Provide direct aid to students with personal needs or problems, sickness, injury, family problems, emergency leaves or UA retrievals.
- Prepare UA reports and leave forms & verify required information.
- Provide continuous educational, trade, personal and social adjustment counseling on an individual and group basis; recommend necessary program modifications throughout each assigned student's stay.
- Conduct continuous interpretation and evaluation of progress in student's specific development program; coordinate problem cases and point out areas in which guidance and development techniques can be improved.
- Maintain, up to date documentation, case notes and records, as well as other systems of documentation.
- Oversee each student’s personal career development plan. Recommend medical or psychiatric evaluation for emotional or psychological problems; evaluate results and take remedial action as warranted; participate as a member of the mental health team.
- Refer students to other program areas such as transfers, extension or advanced programs, and college placement.
- Serve as chairperson of the student career management team; participate in other center programs such as career preparation, diversity, substance abuse and pregnancy programs.
- Maintain contact with student's family and conduct home visits as necessary; utilize community resources as needed.
- Conduct a variety of special programs such as human sexuality, sexual harassment, family planning, pregnancy program and group relationships.
- Work cooperatively with the other staff assigned to the student caseload.
Education and Experience Requirements: Bachelor's degree in related field, including 15 semester hours of instruction in social services or related instruction, and one year experience in counseling or related field required. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.