Senior Substance Abuse Counselor
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Humble, TX
Job ID: 52313
Facility: Lychner State Jail
Pay and Schedule: $49,000 annual salary. Full-Time, 8-hour days, Monday-Friday.
Position Title and Facility: Senior Substance Abuse Counselor at Pam Lychner State Jail in Humble, TX
Make a difference in the life of someone needing a second chance. At Management & Training Corporation, our foundation is based upon the philosophies of caring about others, giving back, and making a social impact. Join our team as a Senior Substance Abuse Counselor at the Lychner State Jail located in Humble, Texas.
Benefit package includes:
- Health/dental/vision insurance
- Life insurance, AD&D as well as short-term disability
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Professional development assistance
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee wellness program
Job responsibilities: The senior substance abuse counselor supervises the substance abuse counselor II and performs highly complex substance abuse counseling work. Work involves planning, coordinating, and implementing substance abuse counseling activities.
- Assists in planning chemical dependency counseling programs; and coordinates the delivery of counseling services to offenders with histories of chemical use, abuse, or addiction.
- Provides a comprehensive evaluation from a battery of valid measurement tools to assess the recovery needs and the re-offense risk of offenders.
- Participates in the Individual Treatment Plan based on the severity and characteristics of the offender as determined by the comprehensive assessment, review of collateral information, and the Clinical interview.
- Provides counseling and recovery skills training; participates in offender orientation, educational and individual and process counseling groups in compliance with program standards, guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Supervises the work of others; and assists in instructing others in program methods, procedures, and functions.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by an organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or by the United States Department of Education (USDE). Major course work in Criminal Justice, Behavioral Science, or a related field preferred. Each year of experience as described below in excess of the required four (4) years may be substituted for thirty (30) semester hours from an accredited college or university on a year-for-year basis.
- Four (4) years full-time wage-earning experience in substance abuse treatment.
- Current licensure as a Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor (LCDC) by the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) or current valid Qualified Credentialed Counselor (QCC) identified by the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS).
- Therapeutic community environment experience preferred.
- Experience in the supervision of employees preferred.
- A valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Why: Transform lives by helping offenders build skills to succeed in life.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.