This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Henderson, TX
Job ID: 52359
Facility: East Texas Treatment Facility
Pay: $23.00 an hour
Work with a purpose! Climb the criminal justice career ladder while changing lives in the inside.
Job title: Substance Abuse Counselor Coordinator
Facility name: East Texas Treatment Facility
Location: 900 Industrial Drive, Henderson, TX 75652
Work schedule: Full-time; 8hrs
Benefit package includes:
401(k) with company match
Paid time off
Paid holidays (9 total)
Professional development assistance
Opportunities for career advancement
Reports to the senior substance abuse counselor. Directly supervises the substance abuse counselors. Performs highly complex substance abuse counseling work within DWI/SAFPF/ISF programs. Work involves planning, coordinating, and implementing substance abuse counseling activities; and coordinating with other departments to ensure the maximum utilization of resources available for chemical dependency treatment and rehabilitation in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
1. Assists in planning chemical dependency counseling programs; and coordinates the delivery of counseling services to offenders with histories of chemical use, abuse, or addiction.
2. Provides a comprehensive evaluation from a battery of valid measurement tools to assess the recovery needs and the re-offense risk of DWI/SAFPF/ISF offenders.
3. Participates in the Individual Treatment Plan based on the severity and characteristics of the offender as determined by the comprehensive assessment, review of collateral information, and the Clinical interview.
4. Provides counseling and recovery skills training; participates in offender orientation, educational and
individual and process counseling groups in compliance with program standards, guidelines, policies, and procedures.
5. Maintains offender records and other records regarding services provided to include statistical feedback on evaluations; and compiles data and submits reports and related documentation as appropriate.
6. At the conclusion of the program, an Individual Progress Summary will be developed for each offender on caseload to reflect the evaluation results together with comments about the offender’s level of participation and quality of completion in the DWI/SAFPF/ISF programs.
7. Submit copy of the Individual Progress Summary to the Parole Division to be included in the Parole Case Summary.
8. Supervises the work of others; and assists in instructing others in program methods, procedures, and functions.
9. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and
intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
10. Maintain accountability of staff, offenders, and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as
determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent. Three (3) years full-time, wage-earning experience in substance abuse treatment. Thirty semester hours from a college or university accredited by an organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) with major coursework in a Behavioral Science, Human Services, or Criminal Justice may substitute for one (1) year of experience on a year-for-year basis for a maximum substitution of two (2) years. Current licensure as a Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor by the Texas Department of State Health Services (TDSHS), current licensure as a Licensed Professional Counselor by the Texas Commission of Professional Counselors, or current licensure as a Licensed Psychological Associate by the Texas Board of Psychological Examiners. Therapeutic community environment experience preferred. Experience in the supervision of employees preferred. Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and pass an annual background check, both of which must be approved by TDCJ. Must maintain a valid license for continued employment in a position.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.