This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Marion, OH
Job ID: 52410
Facility: North Central Correctional Complex
Work with a purpose! Begin a career as part of the administrative team, utilizing your skills and abilities to change the life of a correctional resident.
Position name: Case Manager
Facility name: North Central Correctional Institution
Location: 670 Marion-Williamsport Rd E, Marion, Oh 43302
Work schedule: Full Time, 8hr shifts, varies.
Benefit package includes:
MTC is proud to operate the North Central Correctional Institution located in Marion, where our staff are our biggest asset! We value our professional and caring employees who are dedicated to improving people’s lives and we want YOU to join our team!
What you'll be doing: Reports to the program specialist. Responsible for planning, coordinating, developing and implementing a professional individual and group counseling program for assigned inmates in compliance with American Correctional Association (ACA) standards, Management & Training Corporation (MTC), and Ohio Department of Corrections (ODOC)
1. Provide gender responsive and trauma informed care and practices while working with male offenders.
2. Review detailed background file, conduct personal interview and test as necessary to analyze and recommend a program for each assigned inmate.
3. Initiate and maintain individual personal social development (PSD) folder on each assigned inmate.
4. Provide direct aid and counseling to inmates with personal needs or problems, i.e., sickness, injury, family problems, and other related personal problems.
5. Provide continuous educational, vocational, personal and social adjustment counseling on an individual and group basis.
6. Recommend necessary program modifications throughout each assigned inmate’s stay.
7. Assist with development of plans, missions, objectives, schedules, policies, and programs for units within the facility.
8. Make rounds through other areas in the facility where inmates may be temporarily housed, programmed and/or work.
9. Make daily rounds through units to evaluate operations and to communicate with staff and inmates.
10. Assist with pre-release and release preparation as required for contractual compliance.
11. Conduct continuous interpretation and evaluation of progress in inmate’s specific development program.
12. Coordinate problem cases and point out areas in which guidance and development. techniques can be improved.
13. Maintain documentation and records.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as
determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Associate degree in counseling or related field required. Bachelor’s degree and one (1) year related experience preferred. Directly related experience may be considered in lieu of formal education requirements. A valid driver’s license in the state of Ohio with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Why: Make a positive impact in your community by doing meaningful work that results in a rewarding career.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2600.