This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Post, TX
Job ID: 52438
Facility: Dalby - MTC Medical
Management & Training Corporation operates the Giles W. Dalby Correctional Facility providing pre-trial and presentenced male residents with excellent care including medical services supporting the health and well-being of the residents.
Position: PRN Registered Nurse
Location: 805 N Avenue F, Post, TX 79356
Rate of pay: $41.00 per hour
Employment type: PRN
Work schedule: Day (7 AM - 7 PM) or Night (7 PM - 7 AM)
Setting: Ambulatory-like setting with short-stays and urgent care
Position responsibilities include:
1. Attend sick call with the physicians to see inmates; prepare examining room and equipment.
2. Call the physician for medication and treatment orders and other emergencies.
3. Operate pill call, administer medication and accurately and completely document treatment.
4. Examine and assess inmates with illnesses or injuries or inmates who become ill or injured; confer with physician to refer inmates to the emergency room as required by their condition and document in medical record or other forms as appropriate
5. Maintain absolute security and confidentiality of all medical records; observe applicable HIPAA rules.
6. Review medical files to determine all provided services are documented.
7. Closely monitor all potential catastrophic illnesses.
8. Comply with all applicable pharmacy laws, especially those covering controlled substances.
9. Observe and record inmate behavior, assess and triage with appropriate documentation
10. Inspect medical unit for items that could be used as contraband by inmates; securely store or safely dispose of supplies and equipment. Control medication, syringes, or other medical supplies.
11. It is expected the incumbent will with overtime when directed to do so.
12. Prepare and maintain narrative, statistical, summary, and operational records, reports and logs.
13. Properly chart medical care.
14. Respond to emergencies as required.
15. This position requires long periods of standing and walking and may require climbing stairs.
16. Regular and predictable on-site attendance is required.
17. Interpret an extensive variety of medical and technical instructions in the form of handwritten text, correspondence, policies, regulations, procedures, reports, directions for forms completion and other documents.
18. Read, analyze, comprehend, and interpret medical and technical procedures, governmental regulations, legal and non-legal documents.
Education and experience requirements:
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.