This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Kyle, TX
Job ID: 52497
Facility: Kyle Correctional Center
Starting Pay: $18.00/hr.
Develop your law enforcement or criminal justice expertise in corrections.
Position Title: Assistant Laundry Manager
Facility Name: Kyle Correctional Facility
Location: 23001 IH-35 Kyle, TX 78640
Work schedule: Full-time; 8hrs
Benefit package includes:
Reports to the laundry manager. Directly supervises the offender laundry workers. Responsible for assisting with planning laundering schedules, proper use and maintenance of equipment and maintaining records of operations. Responsible for the custody and discipline of offenders in facility in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
1. Assist in planning work schedules to meet all production requirements.
2. Assist with the supervision of operation of laundry equipment; perform routine and preventive
maintenance on equipment.
3. Perform test on wash formulas.
4. Wash, dry and fold offender items as needed which requires lifting, bending, squatting, and long periods of standing. Push and pull laundry carts. Perform security functions including “pat” and “strip” searches, by squatting and bending to perform such functions.
5. Provide and conduct safety training programs for all offender laundry employees.
6. Train and supervise offender workforce in the laundry/necessities operation and conduct safety training for offender workers and laundry services employees to include Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
7. Assist in the receipt, storage, repair and issue of offender necessities; perform inventory control procedures of offender necessities.
8. Maintain required records and assist in preparation of necessary reports.
9. It is expected the incumbent will work overtime when directed to do so.
10. Regular and predictable attendance is required.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent or GED. One (1) year full-time, wage-earning experience in the operation of a commercial or institutional laundry.
One (1) year full-time, wage-earning experience in supply to include purchasing or inventory and stock control. Thirty (30) semester hours from a college or university accredited by an organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education (CHEA) or by the United Stated Department of Education (USDE) may be substituted for six (6) months of the required supply experience.
Eighteen (18) months full-time, wage-earning correctional custody or law enforcement experience required. Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements to include physical agility testing and pass an annual background check, both of which must be approved by TDCJ.
Why: Make a real difference every day by helping to change lives.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.