Mental Health Professional
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Chaparral, NM
Job ID: 52522
Facility: Otero County Processing - MTC Medical
Backed by national accrediting organizations, Management & Training Corporation is proud to operate Otero County Processing Center where our medical staff provide quality medical and dental services to an underserved population. We value our professional and caring employees who strive to improve the lives of those in our care and we welcome the opportunity to visit with you about joining our team.
Position: Mental Health Professional
Location: 10 McGregor Rage Rd, Chaparral, NM 88081
Pay Rate: $83,200 per year
Employment type: Full-time; Exempt
Work schedule: Monday-Friday; Days
- Health, dental, vision, prescription drug and life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Short and long-term disability
- Paid time off and paid holiday
- Employee assistance program
Position summary: A mental health professional is responsible for planning and implementing professional mental health service programs of a non-medical nature in the facility. She/he provides mental health services to inmates in compliance with MTC Medical and Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) directives.
Position responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement treatment and therapeutic programs for assigned inmates.
- Assume independent clinical responsibility for all inmates including the application of crisis intervention techniques to include suicide prevention, recognizing abnormal behavior, and taking appropriate action to prevent or diffuse potentially disruptive situations.
- Conduct diagnosis and evaluation tests for inmates to determine needs, establish goals and develop plans; make referrals to contract professionals for assessment and treatment of inmates.
- Provide direct casework services and individual and group counseling to inmates.
- Prepare progress reports; provide recommendations regarding discharge plans; make case presentations; and assist administrative and medical staff in development of statistical reports on assigned inmates.
- Maintain and monitor confidentiality of inmates and their files; audit files to determine that all services provided are documented; review status of inmates to determine that all treatment and therapeutic programs are completed.
- Screen requests for non-medical records and appropriately approve or disapprove responses following policy and procedures.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings; promote communication and the proper flow of relevant information between administration, staff and inmates.
- Attend seminars, workshops, conferences, and so forth, as required.
- Maintain current cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification; perform CPR in emergencies.
Education and experience requirements:
- A master’s degree in marriage and family therapy or clinical social work is required.
- License or certification required by the state of New Mexico as an LPCC, LISW, LCSW, or LMFT.
- Two years of previous relatable work experience is preferred.
- A valid driver’s license in the state of New Mexico with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
- Must pass a federal background check by ICE Contracting Officer and Personnel Service Unit.
- Must successfully complete required preservice training.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.