Mental Health Professional
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Post, TX
Job ID: 52537
Facility: Dalby - MTC Medical
Rate of pay: $68,000
Employment type: Full-time, Direct hire
Work schedule: Monday-Friday, Days
Location: 805 N Avenue F, Post, TX 79356
- Health, dental, vision, prescription drug and life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Short and long-term disability
- Paid time off and 11 paid holidays
- Employee assistance program
Position responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement treatment and therapeutic programs for assigned clients.
- Assume independent clinical responsibility for all clients including the application of crisis intervention techniques to include suicide prevention, recognizing abnormal behavior, and taking appropriate action to prevent/diffuse potentially disruptive situations.
- Conduct diagnosis and evaluation tests for clients to determine needs, establish goals and develop plans; make referrals to contract professionals for assessments and treatment of clients.
- Provide direct casework services and individual and group counseling to clients.
- Prepare progress reports, provide recommendations regarding treatment plans, make case presentations, and assist administrative & medical staff in development of statistical reports on assigned clients.
- Maintain and monitor confidentiality of clients and their files, audit files to determine that all services provided are documented.
- Review status of clients to determine that all treatment and therapeutic programs are completed.
- Screen requests for non-medical records and appropriately approve or disapprove responses following policy & procedures.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings, promote the proper flow of relevant information between administration, staff, and clients.
- Attend seminars, workshops, conferences, etc. as required.
- Maintain current cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification and perform CPR in emergencies.
- Serve in rotation with other mental health providers to provide after-hours and weekend client care if required to include accepting on-call rotation.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
- Maintain accountability of clients and property and adhere to safety practices.
Education and experience requirements:
- Master's degree in counseling or associated field required.
- Must be licensed as a Qualified Mental Health Professional such as a registered nurse/nurse practitioner, licensed professional counselor, licensed clinical social worker, licensed marriage and family therapist, psychologist, psychiatrist, or other applicable license as defined by the governing state agency.
- Two years of related experience preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Valid driver's license in state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.