This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Marion, OH
Job ID: 52596
Facility: North Central Correctional Complex
The North Central Correctional Facility located in Marion, OH., is now hiring career-minded individuals to assist with securing the safety of our communities while making a difference in the lives of those on the inside.
Job title: Unit Manager
Facility name: North Central Correctional Institution
Location: 670 Marion Williamsport Rd, Marion, OH., 43302
Work schedule: Full-time
Our team members enjoy competitive wages, affordable health, dental, and prescription drug insurance, education and tuition assistance, paid time off, 9 paid holidays, flexible schedules, 401(k) with company match, and a chance to make a difference every day!
Reports to the unit manager administrator. Directly supervises the designated case managers, counselors, and clerical clerks. Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the case management, correctional counseling in compliance with American Correctional Association (ACA) standards, Management & Training Corporation (MTC), and Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction (ODRC) directives.
1. Develop plans, missions, objectives, schedules, policies, and programs for the unit.
2. Provide direct supervision for all staff assigned to the unit, which includes directing, scheduling, evaluating, training, counseling and being responsive to staff concerns.
3. Create an environment rich with innovation to support continuous improvement.
4. Make daily rounds through the unit to evaluate operations and to communicate with staff and inmates.
5. Make rounds through other areas in the facility where unit inmates may be temporarily housed, programmed and /or work.
6. Coordinate weekly with shift supervisors regarding unit officers and discuss ways to improve unit performance.
8. This position requires climbing stairs, long periods of standing and walking.
9. Perform investigative duties involving incidents within the unit to include unit staff and/or inmates.
10. Ensure that programmatic functions are thoroughly and effectively instituted to the inmate population as outlined in the facility’s case management policy.
11. Promote the development of positive socials skills though modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
12. Maintain accountability of staff, offenders, and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High School Diploma or GED required with two (2) years of counseling or related correctional experience required. A Valid driver’s license in the state of Ohio with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2600.