Substance Abuse Counselor
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Job ID: 52618
Facility: St. Louis Job Corps Center
Pay: $22.55 hourly
Required Certification: CADC or CRADC or CCJIP
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Unrestricted substance abuse license or certification that meets the minimum state licensing or certification requirements to practice in Missouri.
- CADC or CRADC or CCJIP license required.
- Experience working with youth.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency also required.
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.
- Must pass all background checks.
Benefit package includes:
- Health/dental/vision/life insurance
- AD&D as well as short-term disability
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Professional development assistance
- Career advancement opportunities
Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of an effective trainee employee assistance program (TEAP / Substance Abuse Counselor) with emphasis placed on awareness, prevention, staff training and networking with community resources, in compliance with government and management directives.
In this position you will report to the Wellness Director.
- Work with new students for testing, assessment and development of assistance and retention plans during the 45day probation period; provide an assessment and assistance/intervention plan for any student who tests positive for drugs or receives an alcohol incident.
- Conduct classes, group educational, peer support and other prevention sessions for students.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to student. Prepare related reports.
- Assess students with identified substance use problems; develop and implement a plan to modify or control the problems by working with students, counselors, instructors and the mental health consultant.
- Work with mental health consultants, health and wellness staff and counselors to intervene with substance users who meet the treatment criteria to remain in Job Corps.
- Review and interpret drug test results.
- Ensure the documentation of all student assessments and that plans are in student’s medical records regarding any substance abuse problems.
- Provide ongoing comprehensive training for all staff members with specific goals toward staff education and awareness, staff skills in identification and reporting substance use problems, individual staff member counseling skills and general team building throughout the center.
- Assist in providing materials and information in the health education program and development of health and wellness symptom guidelines and standard operating procedures regarding substance abuse.
- Coordinate tobacco use prevention program.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers
Join St. Louis Job Corps Center and make a difference every day!
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.