This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Livingston, TX
Job ID: 52710
Facility: IAH Detention - MTC Medical
Rate of Pay: Starting at $93,600 per year
Management & Training Corporation operates the IAH Detention Center in Livingston, Texas, providing residents with excellent care including medical services supporting their health and well-being
Position Summary: The Mid-level Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant is responsible for providing nursing care of specific patients under the direction of a physician. Follows stablished nursing standards, procedures, and practices and give specific patient care direction to nursing and other staff in compliance with MTC Medical and customer directives.
1. Follow established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
2. Provide direct patient care, evaluate outcomes, consult with specialists as required and adjust treatment processes as indicated to ensure optimal patient care.
3. Perform CPR when necessary.
4. Monitor medical condition of patients and report and document changes appropriate to scope of practice.
5. Diagnose and treat patients appropriately, exercising independent judgment, initiating an effective course of action.
6. Perform daily information rounds and prepare notes on detainees assigned to medical housing.
7. Perform basic procedures including thermal applications, non-sterile soaks, application of dressings and casts.
8. Order diagnostic and therapeutic services and assess efficiency, documenting results and making needed changes.
9. Consult with facility medical director in a collaborative and cooperative relationship.
10. Maintain accurate and comprehensive charting of patient medical records.
11. Implement basic cost containment and utilization management for patient care and facility operations.
12. Closely monitor all potential catastrophic illnesses.
13. Comply with all applicable pharmacy regulations, especially those covering controlled substances.
14. Assist corporate counsel with responses to detainee lawsuits.
15. Facilitate, where applicable, NCCHC/ACA accreditation of the medical program by providing the required level of efficiency and approved appropriate medical services.
16. Perform rescue functions at accidents, emergencies and disasters to include administering basic emergency medical aid, physically removing people away from dangerous situations, and securing and evacuating people from confined areas.
17. Requires long periods of walking and standing.
Education and experience requirements:
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.
Tags: Physician assistant, nurse practitioner, midlevel, mid-level, NA, PA